Monday, September 8, 2008
Why I love cheese . . .
Hello, and welcome to The Cheeselover. Especially to those who've been following my adventures on The Frugal Cook.
Now it's time to move onto a new project and happily my other regular publisher, Ryland, Peters & Small has given me the chance to write a book on one of the foods I love best. Cheese, heavenly cheese . . .
Those of you who are fellow fans will need no convincing that this is the perfect subject for a blog but just in case I'm preaching to the unconverted let me tell you the five reasons why I think cheese is possibly the greatest food on earth:
* It's the ultimate no-junk, fast food.
* It has the most incredible range of flavours and textures. There's a cheese for every time of day, every season, every mood . . .
* It lends itself to an amazing variety of recipes
* It's pure comfort food. Especially when it's melted. (Better than chocolate IMHO)
* Some fabulous people make it.
Over the next few months I'm going to be writing about the cheeses I'm tasting, cooking with and pairing with a whole range of delicious drinks (not just wine). Come along for the ride . . .